http://www.joycemeyer.org/articles/ea.aspx?article=healing_and_hope
Joyce speaks about inward healing and gives the 10 stages to go through to help you with this process:-
1. Decide to get well.
2. Stop feeling sorry for yourself.-self-pity. Get yourself off your mind. Stop telling people what you’ve been through on and on. Everybody has their own story to tell.
3. Realize you are not the only one hurting other people are too don’t be self-centred.
4. Sow into others for your harvest.
5. Take responsibility, stop making excuses for how you have been treated and stop feeling sorry for yourself.
6. Face the truth. “Admit your own problem and ask someone to pray with you about the problem.
7. When God tells you to do something, don’t run from it. Chances are you will do what He wants anyway! God has a purpose for our lives, trust in Him.
8. Forgive and totally release all the people that have hurt you and forgive yourself.
9. Stop blaming and move on
10.Put the Holy Spirit in charge of your problems, He is your closest friend
2. Stop feeling sorry for yourself.-self-pity. Get yourself off your mind. Stop telling people what you’ve been through on and on. Everybody has their own story to tell.
3. Realize you are not the only one hurting other people are too don’t be self-centred.
4. Sow into others for your harvest.
5. Take responsibility, stop making excuses for how you have been treated and stop feeling sorry for yourself.
6. Face the truth. “Admit your own problem and ask someone to pray with you about the problem.
7. When God tells you to do something, don’t run from it. Chances are you will do what He wants anyway! God has a purpose for our lives, trust in Him.
8. Forgive and totally release all the people that have hurt you and forgive yourself.
9. Stop blaming and move on
10.Put the Holy Spirit in charge of your problems, He is your closest friend
It just made me realise that nothing God ever gives me is going to satisfy me and make me happy until I change my attitude! I need to work with what I have already, be happy with it. Have faith in myself that I am not going to fail at everything and trust that God has me exactly where He wants me and stop being so self indulged all the time...
Yes I am! I often say, 'What about me?', 'Why doesn't someone do that for me?' , 'Poor me', I act like such a spoilt brat at times where I am sure there are other people out there that are more disadvantaged than me and given half the chance would jump at the things that I have in my life.
I have a lot of attitude adjusting to do, growing up, forgiving and soul searching ahead for me. My eyes have been open! Praise God for bringing this to my attention.
I have been thinking about doing a couple of projects but always put them off because
a) I don't have the financial means to start them
b) I don't have the time
c) I don't have the courage
Well not anymore! People started things with less on their side! Get off your b-hind girl and get a motivating!!
So.......
here's me, with a new attitude adjusto!!
No comments:
Post a Comment