Monday, 12 January 2015

2015 - here we go!

So much for my 'I will blog every day challenge' oops doopsy doo as my girls say ;) It has been quite a hectic end of year period for me and my family and we were out of the country over Christmas so REALLY.... it's not my fault! HA!! 

We were extremely blessed to go to Malawi for Christmas, my eldest brother lives there and every second year or so we find ourselves huddled in the car and off for 12 hours or so until we eventually arrive, three borders and lots and lots of interesting scenery, we are finally there! Thew!! This year, my husband's boss kindly allowed us to use his flashy 4x4 Land Cruiser which was a breeze to drive (the last time we ventured to Malawi for Christmas it took us a mere 20 hours to get there due to car problems, sigh!). With my parents, little brother and aunt in convoy, we had a very blessed trip there and back and managed to really relax with our loved one's and watch as our children swam in Lake Malawi and just really enjoyed each others company! Praise God for giving us that much needed break!

So back to reality.... I have hit an anticlimax and feel like I am hitting my head against a brick wall, trying to take complete control of my life again, lying awake at night worrying about finances and waking up with such a sore jaw obviously from clenching my teeth at night. Why do I do this to myself? WHY, WHY, WHY??!! 

I have an extremely stubborn streak in me and I honestly feel that God is allowing me to hit my head, waiting for me to throw my hands is the air and say, I GIVE UP, well here we go God, I GIVE UP! 

The precious Lord has blessed my family and me beyond a doubt, we have a truly beautiful home, wonderful children (honestly, people compliment me a lot at how wonderful they are), really nice jobs, wonderful families, special friends and good health.. Why then am I not grateful and happy for all my blessings?

My darling mum gave me The Resolution for Women book written by Priscilla Shirer, one of my most favourite people on this earth (whom I haven't ever laid eyes on in my life but whatever! I have watched countless of her videos and by goodness, I am a fan!) anyhoo, I am dying to dive in and read this book and change my attitude...

Till then, I have decided to start a gratitude diary once again... here we go.... I started one many years ago when I was once again going through a negative season, I just honestly don't give God enough credit for all the love and blessings he bestows upon me and my family. Honestly, any other person would jump at the chance to have my life and would look at me with disdain and say, shut your trap and just enjoy life... I pray that God knocks some sense into me this year...

SO, saying that...


This is me.... trying to be grateful ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment