Thursday, 4 December 2014

Obedience

Hello....

So about a year ago I decided to read the Bible from front to cover because I felt that I didn't know enough about the Bible. What a journey it has been! I have learnt so much. My husband brought me the most beautiful Life Principals Bible by Charles Stanley for my birthday last year and I just love my Bible. I have little devotionals to read and some chosen verses are explained in detail that apply to modern life... amazing! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! 

I am currently reading Isaiah and the reading today was about Obedience. It was as if God was giving me a tap on the shoulder ;) The reading was Isaiah 31:1 - Woe to those who go down to Egypt for help, and rely on horses... but who do not look to the Holy One of Israel, nor seek the Lord!  (Charles Stanley writes) What is your 'Egypt'? What are your 'horses'? To what do you instinctively turn for help, other than your God? Those other things may seem more 'practical' to eyes of flesh, but only God provides aid that will last.... Wow! how profound is that? I constantly find myself turning to God last when I am in a cross section in my life. Honestly, only because I had the attitude of 'Why would God worry about my small problems when there is so much more out there that needs His attention! I was wrong! God wants us to cry out to Him, He wants to be a part of my life. He wants me to pray to Him for healing over my children when they are sick or protection over them as they go about their day. He is so personal and loves and wants me to turn to Him about every aspect in my life. God is so good :)

I recently turned down a job purely because I felt uncomfortable about taking it, far down in my gut, I knew it wasn't the path God wanted me to lead! I spent many a sleepless night praying for guidance and questioning God if he was sure that I shouldn't take the job, financially it was a huge risk! God really must laugh at me constantly trying to do His job for Him! We are in the process of buying our own home so finance is a big issue for us. Unfortunately, but it's life! Anyway, I turned the job down and two weeks later landed my bum in the butter! I landed a lovely job working for two lovely Christian guys and I get to spend time with my girls and be a part of their little lives. God is Good! 

I now challenge myself to turn to God for everything, I mean... parking space, decision making everything!

So.. that's me... trying to be obedient ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment